Let’s start off with a BANG! First of all, a heartily welcome to all of you to this round-up of innovative web design trends. From retro typography to the ever growing no-code movement, there’s LOADS to look forward to in 2021!
It’ll be the understatement of the century to say that 2020 was difficult. People all over the world were forced to contend with the new normal. A life of lockdowns, mask rules, economic crises and travel bans. The year has definitely been one for the history books to say the least.
But even with the pandemic as an omnipresent backdrop, let’s have a look at our picks for the seven most unique web design that is going to highlight 2021…shall we?
We’ve seen all sorts of things when it comes to new web trends…haven’t we people? We’ve seen old designs become “cool “again only to become even more “uncool”. Irony has a short shelf life.
Here are a list of some hot font trends insinuating that 2021 will certainly be the year of fonts.
- Alternating baselines – ALL CAPS text is much more useful than just shouting out information on the internet. Trust us!
- Disco Revival – The classic 70s rainbow-coloured style faces continue to remain insanely popular for the festive vibes they convey.
- Dynamic Lettering – Dynamic letters have the mind-blowing ability to create an illusion of movement using a combination of various fluid shapes, textured shading, and action lines—like a mid-motion snapshot.
- Typewriter font reimagined – For a font grounded in defunct technology, there is something spectacularly charming and appealing when it comes to the typewriter font.
These are all solid examples of amazing web design trends.
From micro interactions to breathtaking particle backgrounds, I think it’s clear to all of us that we’ve witnessed the sky-rocketing popularity of web-based animation trends year after year. So, if you are not familiar with this trend, you might be thinking just what is Parallax Scrolling? Parallax scrolling is when the website layout sees the background of the web page moving at a considerably slower rate when compared to the foreground, thus creating a stellar 3D effect as you scroll through. When used sparingly it can provide a nice subtle element of depth thus resulting in a superbly distinctive website.
Parallax Scrolling is often regarded as one of the most unique web design trends.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
It is one of, if not the most talked about technology in the web. Thus, gaining a practically unparalleled momentum especially in the IT industry.
If by any chance you are not aware of this superb technology trend, then let us enlighten you. Let say you are creating a wonderful app, and you need to decide, “Should I make it web or native?” Features of a web app:
- Much easier to share!
- No need to install anything
Features of a native app:
- Easy to access from any device
- Loads fast.
- More hardware capabilities
You’ll get the best of both worlds through a Progressive Web App (PWA). PWA in a nutshell:
- Super Reliable – Loads fast and works offline
- Extremely fast – Smooth Animations, jank free scrolling and seamless navigation even on flaky networks
- Exceptional Engagement – These apps can be launched from your home screen and can also receive push notifications
3D Visuals – Here. There. Everywhere
3D designs have come a heck of a long way from those blocky and bevelled edges of Geocities. We’ve observed that high-quality 3D visuals instead of being viewed as distractions are actually adding to the overall user experience.
3D elements add a sense of uniqueness and dimensionality to any webpage. When it comes to innovative web design trends, nothing beats this.
Voice Search Optimization
Are you a business owner by any chance? Are you trying super hard to come to grips with this new voice craze…but not quite sure how to?
If so no need to worry because we’ve got you covered!
Let’s have a look at some crucial voice search trends you NEED to be aware of to optimize your site.
- Understanding your audience – No matter what industry you cater to, understanding what your audience wants is the one thing you need to be completely certain about. Use Google Analytics to determine your target audience. If your target audience falls between the ages of 18 – 40, you cannot afford to ignore voice search at any cost.
- Focus on Featured Snippets – Commonly located at the very top of the results page, featured snippets offer you access to better visibility to searchers, and in turn tremendously boosts your brand recognition.
- Target long-tailed keywords – Do you want your content to rank higher on google and gain more clicks? Well, in that case, long-tailed keywords are an absolute necessity. This is because they add that flair of uniqueness to your piece of content whilst keeping in mind the keywords most commonly used in the industry.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly – Considering that half of small business websites are not mobile responsive as of yet, this is your friendly reminder that you can’t move past Go, unless and until you first make sure that your website is mobile-friendly.
Single page Applications (SPAs)
A single page application is a new breed of web application that is faster and more efficient than old school style websites. The reason is that a small program loads into the user’s browser and handles most of the work, including moving things around the screen, displaying content and graphics, etc. Because all of the graphics and initial data are included in the initial load time, the application may take a few seconds longer to load when you first visit the site, but after that point, the browser will only ‘talk’ to the server when it needs new data – making the general experience much more fluid and faster.
What are the main benefits of SPAs?
- They are much more simplified and streamlined
- Increase performance greatly
- Tend to reduce interferences related to page reloading
So…Excited For the rest of 2021?
All said and done guys, it’s always thrilling to see this eccentric world of web design continuing to evolve and there’s absolutely no stopping the no-code movement.
Please don’t forget to share this blog with your acquaintances if you found it useful.
Take care, be safe and keep on designing people!