Although you might be using Messenger every day(granted I feel like deleting the app almost DAILY), we can almost guarantee that you’re not aware of some of the best Facebook Messenger Tricks.
Don’t believe us, do you? Well, let’s just dive in and find out. And don’t worry we’re not going to bore you with classic cliches of the number of people using Facebook daily. We get it, it’s huge… it’s Facebook. It’d be weird if that number wasn’t big!
So grab your phone, put it on charge (if it has none) because you’re not going to want to miss out on these awesome Facebook Messenger Hacks for 2021.
Here we go!
Get off the Phone Will Ya?
Did you have any idea that Facebook Messenger just like Whatsapp can as be used from your desktop?
This desktop app looks quite similar to the Messenger page that can be accessed from Facebook. It just doesn’t have the Facebook search bar at the top of the screen.
Messenger 101: Encrypted Conversations
Incase you want to share confidential information with someone you can now start a Secret conversation on Messenger. This feature uses the signal Protocol to set up end-to-end encryption. This is one of the OG Facebook Messenger Tricks !
Encrypting a conversation is entirely optional since it breaks some features of messenger. Those features include:
- Using it across multiple devices
- Archiving past conversations
- Options for sending money or even animated GIFs
How To Turn On Encrypted Conversations?
- Go to the messenger conversation you want to encrypt
- Click on the circle with an “I” in it. It can be found on the upper left side of the screen
- Select Secret Conversation from the Settings menu and a popup will ask you, “Turn on Secret Conversations?”
- Select Turn On
Start a Secret Conversation From Your Home Screen
- Tap the plus symbol.
- Tap the lock icon.
- Select the person you want to message.
Inside your secret conversation you can also set your messages to expire after a certain period of time. Just tap the stopwatch icon and select from a range of expiration time durations.
Swipe Up for Vanish Mode!
How does Vanish Mode work?
It makes your messages disappear as soon as they are seen by the recipient.
How To Enable Vanish Mode?
- Open Messenger on your device and open a chat
- Click the Info Icon in the circle on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down the list of Conversation Settings.
- Enter the Vanish Mode Tab.
- Enable Vanish Mode by clicking the dot next to it.
- Select the Left Arrow symbol on top to get back to the conversation.
- Insert the message in the bar on the bottom.
- Send it by choosing the arrow symbol on the right side.
- Wait for the response.
- Quit the conversation
- Your messages in this Messenger conversation have vanished permanently.
- Open Messenger on your device and open a chat
- HardReset.info: Tap on the profile picture in the circle to open the chat settings.
- Choose Vanish Mode Tab.
- Turn on Vanish Mode by tapping on the dot next to it.
- Press on Confirmation Button on the bottom.
- Get back to the conversation by clicking the Left Arrow Symbol.
- Choose the Symbol of Arrow again.
- Type in a message and send it.
- Wait for receiving a response.
- Quit the chat to make messages disappear.
- Vanish Mode on this Messenger chat has been enabled.
Send & Receive Money Through Messenger
Facebook now is making it much easier for you to send money to your friends, and bug them for any cash they owe you.
Even though this feature was introduced way back in 2017, we are sure most people aren’t aware of it. Prior to using this feature, you would have to meet the basic requirements:
- You are only allowed to make payments through a U.S. bank-issued Visa or MasterCard debit card or a PayPal account.
- At least 18 years or older
- Both you and your friend must live in the U.S.
How To Send Money?
On your mobile tap on your photo on top of the app and select Facebook Pay to add a debit card or link your PayPal account. In addition, you can also add a PIN or fingerprint in connection with financial transactions to keep things more secure.
Are Facebook Messenger Payments Safe?
According to Facebook, they claim to encrypt your personal data and your credit/debit card number. It also claims to store your financial information separately from your account information.
The bottom line is, just like any other transaction where money is involved you need to be extra careful.
More Diverse Emojis. New Emojis = More Diversity
With this update, you now have access to over 1,500 new emojis — 100 of which were designed “to better reflect gender and skin tones”.
Android users can access this feature by going to Photos & Media > Emoji and selecting a default skin tone.
iOS users just need to long-press on an emoji and a menu will pop up with different skin tone options.
Many SMALL Things, for Your Big
We hope you enjoyed reading about the Killer Facebook Messenger Tricks Everyone Should Be Using in 2021.
ALSO READ: 6 Smashing Web Trends To Dominates 2021
Which of these tips did you find most useful or are you way too bored of Messenger entirely?
Let us know in the comments.
Stay safe. Stay Connected!