Remark Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: MARK), a diversified global technology company with leading artificial intelligence (“AI”) -powered computer vision solutions, today announced its latest partnership with AAEON, a leader in AI-Edge computing. This partnership signifies the importance of providing market-ready solutions for creating smart cities requiring vision solutions for increased public safety, situational awareness, and behavior analysis.
“We are extremely excited about this partnership. Combining our AI-driven video analytics with AAEON’s computing platforms creates a simplified solution for system integrators and end users. Together, we can easily create and deploy a complete vision system that detects, identifies, tracks, and characterizes objects, people, vehicles, and behaviors at scale and speed with actionable insights, with minimal false alerts,” said Dr. Xiaoyun Yang, Director of R&D at Remark Holdings.
Remark AI’s SSP AI-powered features generate real-time alerts for proactive security and safety including:
- Intelligent pre and post-forensic investigation that provides meta-data searches by utilizing physical and object-recognition attributes to speed up the investigation process
- Intrusion loitering object vehicle trespassing detection
- Live real-time large-capacity people counting and crowd analysis
- Preventative behavioral analysis such as loitering, dropping of unattended bags, vandalism, graffiti, fights
- Suspicious fire, object, and smoke detection
- Visual dashboard with actionable insights and reports for daily monitoring and customer flow analysis
Dr. Xiaoyun Yang comments, “As the number of cameras organizations install increases, the cost of advanced technology such as AI-driven video analytics is reducing. And for mid to large organizations, it is unrealistic and inefficient to rely on the manual monitoring of video streams, given the number of false alarms and the requirement to act at speed. So instead, our system interprets video content 24/7, acting as a force multiplier to security and operation teams. We have also seen some exciting applications, such as personal protective equipment detection and queue management, which we will demonstrate at the Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) in Barcelona, Spain, from January 31st to February 3rd, and at the Embedded World Conference Nernberg, Germany in March with AAEON.”
The integration of Remark’s video analytics with AAEON’s compute platforms simplifies deployment for system integrators and end users looking for an ‘easy install’ solution for increased security with operational savings, enabling organizations to:
- Identify people and objects at scale and speed
- Monitory, track, and act with real-time alerts and automated workflows
- Optimize operations with cost savings
“Remark has been easy to work with, facilitating an ‘easy install’ video analytics solution that delivers accurate data at a low price point for end users. In addition, this deployment will lead to a flow of ideas to improve future computer vision applications, highlighting our ability to push the boundaries beyond what we originally thought possible,” comments Iris Huang, Product Sales Manager SPD at AAEON.