China (Shenzhen) Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, known as the “Olympics” of innovation and entrepreneurship circle, is here again. The sixth International competition was officially launched on July 15, 2022, in the form of “online + offline” integration, covering 10 countries. IEC Technology Industry (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. is the co-organizer of this event. At the same time, for landing development enterprises that meet the conditions will be eligible to receive up to 1 million yuan start-up subsidies, and individuals can receive up to 1.85 million yuan bonus and start-up subsidies. The competition will also provide industrial support, science and technology finance, project incubation, and other support for high-quality entrepreneurial projects, and give full play to the “four-chain” synergies of industrial chain, innovation chain, talent chain, and education chain to help build the Shenzhen Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and the pilot demonstration zone.
Highlights of the Competition
- Insight into the latest trends in global technology, focusing on seven industry tracks, such as “the New Generation of Electronic Information, Digital, and Fashion, High-end Equipment Manufacturing, Green and Low-carbon, New Materials, Biomedicine and Health, Marine Economy”
- Explore cutting-edge technology application scenarios, both “Industrial Software Design” and “Semiconductor Technology Research and Development”
- A “cloud event” comes together, spanning space, and connects 10 divisions around the world
The rewards are generous, with eligible businesses eligible for up to ¥1 million in subsidies, and individuals up to ¥1.85 million
- There are many well-known venture capital institutions, for nearly 100 well-known venture capital institutions, all participating projects can get social capital investment opportunities through the investment docking service platform of the competition
- A comprehensive landing service system, covering “entrepreneurship counseling, mentors-experts docking, support policy docking” and so on, facilitates the rapid development of high-quality projects
Introduction to the Competition
The China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition aims to further promote the organic combination of talent, technology, and capital, attract more overseas talents to start business and work in Shenzhen, select overseas high-end projects to settle in Shenzhen, and promote Shenzhen to become an international and innovative city full of charm, energy, vibrancy, and creativity.
The Competition is divided into six stages: signing up, overseas competitions at divisions, reward competition, industrial final, the final, and award ceremony. The total prize for the Competition is RMB 8.75 million, which is divided into four parts: final prize, industrial final prize, reward final prize, and overseas division prize. Meanwhile, the Competition will also set up a competition service platform and provide services for projects taking part in the Competition by establishing the competition service institutions, the expert pool, and the venture capital pool in cooperation with investment institutions and providing a series of supporting policies in entrepreneurial space, business services, talent policy, and other aspects.
- London, U.K. Division
- Berlin, Germany Division
- Sydney, Australia Division
- Toronto, Canada Division
- Tokyo, Japan Division
- Tel Aviv, Israel Division
- Eindhoven, Netherlands Division
- Madrid, Spain Division
- Silicon Valley, U.S. Division
- Paris, France Division
- Overseas high-level entrepreneurial teams or individuals with innovative achievements and entrepreneurial plans.
- The participant doesn’t register or act as legal representatives or shareholders of commercial entities in Shenzhen but plans to set up enterprises in Shenzhen or reach cooperation with relevant industries in Shenzhen after the competition.
- The ownership of products, technologies, or related patents of the projects shall belong to the participants. All participants shall confirm that there is no property right dispute with others, and shall be responsible for any liabilities arising from/relating to infringement.
- Participants and projects that have won awards in the 1st China (Shenzhen) Innovation Competition of International Talent and previous China (Shenzhen) Innovation &Entrepreneurship Competition (including domestic and international competitions) cannot participate in this competition repeatedly.