Would you believe me if I told you that there is a way to stop bots from commenting “dm to collaborate” on your photos? Did you know that there is a sneaky way to have the swipe up option without having 10,000 followers? Or that there is a way to change the cover of your highlights without uploading it to your stories?
Oh my gosh, you guys I can’t wait to share with you all these 5 ingenious instagram hacks that will blow your mind and help you amp up your insta game.
Let’s do this…
Instagram Boomerang: A Quirky Spin on Traditional Videos
Boomerang was first introduced in 2015 as a means to record for you to record looping videos that looked just like animated GIFs.
This nifty app allows you to take hypnotic videos showcasing your everyday moments. Its made out of a one second video clip that plays in a continuous loop for 6 seconds.
How to Access Boomerang on Instagram?
Here are 2 super simple options to create an Instagram Boomerang.
Using the Boomerang App
- Open the Boomerang app
- Create a video loop (Boomerang). The app has only one button that instantly creates the Boomerang clip.
- Share on Instagram and/or Facebook
Using Instagram Stories
- Open the Instagram app
- Swipe left
- Create a video loop (Boomerang) tapping into the infinity symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- Apply filters or add any stickers you feel is appropriate
- Share the Story
What Are the New Boomerang Effects?
- Slowmo: Slows the clip to half-speed, so a 1-second clip becomes 2 seconds in length
- Echo: Adds a motion blur to each video frame, creating a “double vision” effect
- Duo: Rapidly rewinds your video and adds a glitchy transition
- Trimming: Allows you to easily trim your clip so you can decide where your boomerang loop starts and stops
Utilizing Countdown Sticker in Your Instagram Stories
Do you want to promote time sensitive events and offers on Instagram?
If so, then it’s time for you to utilize this amazing feature.
How to Add a Countdown on Instagram?
- Open the Instagram app
- Swipe right to add a photo or a video to your story
- Take a photo/video using the capture button
- Once your background for the countdown is set, tap the square smiley face icon in the top menu bar.
- Scroll and tap the “Countdown” option
- Click on “Countdown name” and enter the title of your Countdown.
- Incase you’ve previously created countdowns, they will appear in a pop-up box. Select the one you want to use.
- Toggle the “All Day” button and set a general date or the exact date and time
- Tap the circular color palette at the top of your story screen if you want to change the color of the countdown.
- Click “Done” in the upper right-hand corner
- As soon as you’re back on the story draft, use two fingers to resize the countdown and reposition it on your story.
- Tap “Your Story” or “Close Friends” to post the Instagram story featuring your countdown.
How to Use the Instagram Countdown Sticker for Business
How do you think popular celebrities and renowned brands utilize the countdown sticker?
Let’s find out!
Count Down to a Live Broadcast Time
If you are hosting live broadcasts on any social media site and want to let your audience know the next time you’re live you can utilize this countdown feature.
Not only that, as soon as the timer expires those who set reminders will get notified to tune in.
Promote the Launch of Webinars and Courses
Let say your events have a finite registration time and you want to promote the urgency before your countdown expires… what do you do?
You’ll want to include countdown sticker to detail the event and the value of registration.
Spotlight the Opening of Live Events
Several brands have started to utilize countdown stickers to alert their audience to their upcoming gigs. You can include location details, venue and much more to entice your audience and ensure they don’t miss out!
Share Time-Sensitive Contests or Sales
Various contents and sales events can be extremely time sensitive. You can now reinforce this sense of urgency of these time constraints to your audience by using the countdown sticker.
Insert Photos Directly Into Your Stories
Have you ever wanted to add additional images or have multiple photos in your Instagram story? I know I have.
Here’s how you do this.
Option 1: Use Google’s Gboard app
- Download the Gboard app from Play store or iOS
- Open a story and tap the screen to bring up the Gboard.
- Press the Google “G” logo and enter a query in the search bar.
- Sort out your search by images and GIFs.
- Once you’ve finished finding what you are looking for, tap the image or GIF to copy it, then tap the screen once to paste it.
Option 2: Copy a Picture From Your Camera Roll
- First, open a photo and click the “Export” button.
- Now press “Copy” and go back to your Instagram story.
- Double-tap on the screen to bring up the “Paste” option.
- That’s it! The picture you copied earlier should now appear in your story.
Insta Story Metrics: See How Many Times Your Post Has Been Shared In Stories
Instagram collects tons of insightful data about your post’s performance which can be extremely useful. For instance, impression count, saves, followers and more.
But what if I told you might be missing when you are reviewing the stories.
Tap the ellipsis in the upper right corner of an article to bring up a menu with an option to “View Shared Stories.”
You’ll be taken to a screen comprising a list of your current public broadcasts.
You can even tap on one of the streams to watch it live on the user account.
If by any chance you are unable to view the option to view broadcast, it means that it means that your post is not currently being hared on other people’s stories.
Stop Bots From Commenting “dm to Collaborate” on Your Photos
I’m really excited to share this with y’all because this is something that I’ve faced personally.
Just follow these steps below:
- Go to your profile and click ‘Settings’
- Under ‘Settings’ you’re going to want to click ‘Privacy’ then ‘Comments’ and this gives you ‘Comment controls’
- Tap on ‘Manual Filer’ where it says, “Choose words or phrases and we will hide comments that contains these words or phrases.”
- Simply type in “DM” and now anybody that comments on your photo saying “DM” those comments won’t even appear and neither you nor your followers will be able to see them.
Capitalize on Your Impulse to Capture Every Moment
Alright people that’s everything I have for you. We hope you enjoyed this blog on these 5 ingenious Instagram hacks that will blow your mind.
Comment below if you have any Instagram hacks that you want to share with us.
Take care folks!