In the ever-evolving landscape of urban development, innovative ideas are constantly reshaping the way we perceive and interact with our cities. One such visionary concept that has captured the imagination of urban planners, architects, and dreamers alike is “The Line” – a groundbreaking project that envisions the world’s first vertical city. With its audacious design and bold vision, The Line promises to revolutionize urban living, offering a glimpse into a future where sustainability, efficiency, and human-centric design converge.
Let’s explore a few of the futuristic city’s statistics.
Some key facts about The Line: the world’s first vertical city
- The city will be more than 170 kilometers in size (about 105.63 mi).
- It will be 200 meters wide, or roughly 656.17 feet.
- Glass walls rising 500 meters high will surround the area.
- It will give 9 million people housing (about half the population of New York).
- There won’t be any cars in the city.
- The high-speed rail allows residents to travel 20 minutes between any two points.
- The energy used in the city will be entirely renewable.
- So far, this project has been estimated to cost $500 billion to build.
- The completion date for this is 2030, which is to be expected.
- The future city will cover 26500 square kilometers.
Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, the Saudi Arabian crown prince, has said, ” The Line will tackle the challenges facing humanity in urban life today, shine a light on alternative ways to live, and create a model for nature and preservation.”
He also mentioned, “We cannot ignore the livability and environmental crises facing our world’s cities, and NEOM is at the forefront of delivering new and imaginative solutions to address these issues.”
While speaking at an event in Jeddah highlighting the designs of ‘The Line,’ the crown prince said the new city, a cosmopolitan center, will be home to more than nine million people. We cannot ignore the livability and environmental crises facing our world’s cities, and NEOM is at the forefront of delivering new and imaginative solutions to address these issues. NEOM is leading a team of the brightest minds in architecture, engineering, and construction to make the idea of building a reality upwards. ”
What is Neom?
The government of Saudi Arabia is working on a future initiative called NEOM that aims to cut carbon emissions globally and offer sustainable living options. The Greek word “Neos” means “new” in English, while the word “M” stands for “Mustaqbal,” which is the Arabic word for “future.” Together, these two words make up the word NEOM.
It is being constructed in the Red Sea-adjacent Tabuk Province in northwest Saudi Arabia. Engineers said that even though the prince believes it will be finished by 2030, it may take up to 50 years to complete.
ALSO READ: The Top 8 iPhone Hacks and Tips for 2022